Table of contents
- Varieties of Tulip Bulbs
- Sowing Tulip Bulbs Plant
- In Which Place Tulip Bulbs Should Plant?
- What is Lasagna Planting?
- Considerable Clues
- Purchasing Tips for Tulip Bulbs
Tulips bulbs are a small package of blossom energy that gives the best results in weeks, sometimes to plant tulip bulbs take a few months time. The name bulb isn’t only an accurate bulb, but also herbaceous with tuber root, taproot, and rootstock.
There is only the need for fundamental awareness for when the tulip bulbs must be planted. And if you want to be aware of that fundamental knowledge then keep reading an article.
Primary knowledge includes,
- Varieties of bulbs
- Sowing tulip bulbs
- Plough and accumulate
- Considerable clues
- Purchasing tips for tulip bulbs,
Varieties of Tulip Bulbs
They are of 2 types,
Summer bulbs are also known as tender bulbs, you plant these tulips bulbs in the spring time and give rise to the best blossom or leaf in the summer. Some plants are caladiums, elephant ears, lilies, and gladiolus. And dahlias are one of the examples of those summer bulbs which flowered in the late season of summer or for a prolonged time and dahlias flowered in the autumn season.
The cold season is tolerated for the summer bulbs and when the ground becomes mild or hot, that will be the best time to plant the bulbs. If the bulbs have been purchased before the sowing time then preserve them in a chill and dry area.
Spring bulbs are also known as sturdy bulbs, sowing these tulip bulbs in standard times of autumn and expend winter then give rise to the blossom in springtime. There are more categories of pants that give rise to their flowers, some of them are, allium, daffodils, crocus, irises, hyacinth, and tulips. They must need some particular time with a chill season to crack the inactivity and blossom to their maximum power.
Sowing Tulip Bulbs Plant
The perfect time to plant bulbs in different regions.
— Region 4 to 7: Includes the cold season sowing, plant the best spring blossom tulips bulbs in the chilled ground, before the soil freezes the median temperature is about 40 to 50F in standard times that is the evening time. If one purchases the bulb before few days to plant then one can store at room temperature otherwise, preserve in the refrigerator. In this region, summer blossom bulbs should sow in the middle of the spring to late of spring.
— Region 8 to 10: in summery weather spring- blossom bulbs should preserve in a cold environment until 6 to 10 weeks, and wait till the soil become sufficient for planting.
In this region summer, blooming bulbs should sow in the middle season of spring
Don’t miss it out!
Standard Times for Sowing Spring Tulip Bulbs
The standard times for sowing tulip bulbs in the spring time is;
- September via October — Regions 4 and 5
- October via prior November — Regions 6 and 7
- November via prior December — Regions 8 and 9
- Late December via prior January —Region 10
Standard Times for Sowing Summer Tulip Bulbs
- Late March via may — Regions 8 to 10
- May via June — Regions 4 to 7
In Which Place Tulip Bulbs Should Plant?
During searching of place make sure that your tulips plant would have the best sewage and sunbeam during the afternoon time. Keep your bulbs safe from drainage because it could be severe due to rotting, silty, and a bit of gritty surface preferable for them because it provides nourishment and a perfect sewage system.
Prior to spring, blossoms could be planted underneath the coniferous trees. The reason behind this is that they will absorb sunlight to give rise to the blossoms before the tree obstructs the sunbeams.
Outline Before Sowing
Tulip bulbs can be sowed in different ways like grassland gardens, underneath trees, disperse in grass plots, deliberately sowed all over the ground and borderline. Most of the bulbs homogenized and expand, arriving back every year. So, this would be most important that make an outline very attentively then you will relish the beauty until a year.
- Sow the bulbs in an abundant form for a pleasant vision
- If you want to relish the beauty for a long time, then sow different seasoned bulb like in prior mid and late of flowering seasons
- The bulbs which were the dominant with larger bulbs sowed ahead with its fellow plants, hide them after when its leaves comes at death’s door
- While planting different varieties, keep in mind that maintain the heights of the plants from anterior to the back because they will not be flowering at the same time
- Most of the tulip bulbs are ideal for the case, then after blooming place them ahead of dying leaves. When in the case the bulbs seems close to each other, then place them in the soil
- They give lively and sparkling colors, so it’s up to you that how you’d like to spread colors according to your surroundings
- When the bulbs stopped then keep the fellow plants to planting. Few good Everlasting fellows are thyme, brunnera, hosta, sedum, cranesbill, coral bells, hellebores, and coreopsis.
Here we are going to discuss something interesting and unique, all we know is that the word lasagna makes the thought of a mouthwatering dish, but we aren’t talking about that dish this term is for bulb planting. Yes, that’s absolutely the truth, don’t be shocked! Let’s discuss it.
What is Lasagna Planting?
Lasagna term isn’t only for our delicious dinner, but also for what is lasagna planting? Actually, this is something about the arrangements of plants that use the non-identical sizes and stumble blossom times of films for a frequent flower. It would be better to plant in a large case with great depth and width. For your guidance, here we are going to discuss a sample,
- The pot contains the proper layer of soil for sowing tulip bulbs depth about 8 inches
- Use late spring flowering bulbs just as daffodils and tulips
- The depth of the second layer should be 6 inches
- Addition of the mid spring blossoms such as hyacinth
- The third layer depth should be 4 inches
- Do addition of prior blossoms like, scilla, muscari or crocus
- The fourth layer depth should be 2 inches
- Cover the crest with more soil and add a layer of manure
- You may use over plant at the top of the soil, if you don’t want then keep waiting for the growing plant. This will be okay if you apply this technique in the ground or any certain area for planting. It is just about to modify few layers
Plough and Accumulate
- After flowering, never cut off the leaves when they turn out to be yellow and drop on the ground,. They will store power for the upcoming year.
- Spring bulbs in mild weather can be dragged up for the cold environment to preserve them in chilled area for pre chilling time, but in cold weather they can hang on the ground
- Summer bulbs in mild climate can stay in the surface with a layer of manure in cold to shelter and enclose them, but in winter they must be dragged up till the upcoming spring.
Dig out Bulbs
- Always cut off the stem or herbage from the above of 2 inches of soil
- When you are dragging up the bulb from the soil must unstick it from the soil
- Do jiggle the soil as much possible for the radicals and bulbs
- Placed them in a dry place on the paper and keep that away from both the animals and children because bulbs contains toxicity
- Place them in an airy area, and you may add some vermiculite which helps to resist to dry too much
- Preserve them in cold, dark and dry area
- Keep an eye on bulbs on monthly bases for any indication of spoil or die
If you want your plant to be well then must follow these instructions,
- Never preserve any other fruit or vegetable especially apples, because the ethylene gas which is emitted from the fruit or vegetable will kill the plant that is present inside the bulb
- Check the pH value of the soil if you want better color of blossoms, 6 to 7 will be good for color of flowers
- After purchasing the tulips bulbs plant, don’t wait long or the best time, sow them in the same season time when you have purchased
- If the bulb stopped to grow then mark that place, that will be easy for you while you cut off the foliage
- Never preserve tulips bulbs plant in a plastic bag because they need air, so safe them in mesh bags.
Purchasing Tips for Tulip Bulbs
Remember the following the guidance while purchasing the bulbs,
- Check the bulbs through touching, they should be rigid, not soft
- Don’t buy those bulbs, which have indication of any critical damage or infection
- Except lilies (they have attached roots), don’t buy that bulb that have arising roots or sprout
- Always prefer the quality of the bulbs which shows the impressive and attractive show.
Therefore, We discussed when the bulbs should be planted, in which season and time, and which is best suitable to plant tulips. The depth of the bulb should be 8 inches, fertilizers must be used to protect the bulbs from any spoilage.
As we discussed above a unique term lasagna planting, thee procedure consist of many layers, so in which each layer should have different depths like 8”, 6”, 4”, and 2”. Actually it is a technique in which the flowers of different sizes and staggered blossoms placed in layers which help frequent growth of flowers.
It is also discussed that how to accumulate the bulbs and main clues also in which how to store and before planting must check the pH value of the soil which should be 6 or 7. The purchasing tips will help you most and defend you from any loss.
So must look out for this guidance when you want to plant tulip bulbs. Also in purchasing, and storing the bulbs, it really helps you a lot.